Sunday, September 7, 2014

The 13th Prophecy by H.M. Ward Review


"The time has come for Ivy to face her dark fate. There are no other options—she must destroy Kreterus. Failure to destroy him will result in the annihilation of the world we know and Ivy being doomed to reside in the Underworld for eternity."

Finally! The last book. Now, I can finally get the truth. Right?

Nope, there are a lot of loose ends. And his name is Eric. Collin and Ivy? Well, I think you know what happened. Actually, I hope you don't know what happened. Because the ending of The 13th Prophecy was just weird. So weird that I had no idea what the hell is going on in it. Okay, maybe I do know what was going on, but for the most part, it was weird. And strange.

I'm not even going to talk about Ivy Taylor. All that happened is just pure, stupid luck. 

And the ending. There are just so many loose ends. And too many "Happily Ever After"s. I hate them. This girl does not deserve them. Especially because of her stupidity. And her so-called "curse" isn't really a curse. Especially after that guy... And because modesty is really easy to get over. You lose it sooner or later.

Overall, The 13th Prophecy is really irritating. Some parts of the book is too convenient and utterly such a letdown. I wish there would be an epic plot... Oh, too much? Maybe that is too much spoiler and not enough opinion? 

And now the two boys:

Eric reminds me of a twisted serial killer who loves causing pain than making other people happy. Honestly, I think Ivy deserves him. Then they can rot in hell together. Yeah, I totally think so. Sorry, but I don't have pity for the strangest characters.

And Collin. Just be dead.

Overall, I'm so glad to be over this series. The only redeemable part is probably the plot, but even that is a bit of stretch. The plot was disappointing. I pretty much wanted Ivy Taylor to die. (And that is not the most violent parts of my thoughts).

Rating: One out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment