Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Danger at the Border by Terri Reed Review

I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads.


"UNSAFE TERRITORY

When a mysterious toxin threatens lives and livelihoods near the border between the U.S. and Canada, Dr. Tessa Cleary is called to trace the source. But when the no-nonsense doctor is forced to work with border patrol agent Jeff Steele, she finds the lone wolf's dedication to his job--and country--chipping away at the walls around her heart. Just as Tessa and Jeff are about to uncover the toxin's deadly source, armed thugs kidnap them in the forest. Now they must trust each other to survive before time runs out for everyone.

Northern Border Patrol: Keeping the U.S.-Canadian border safe."

I'll tell you that Danger At the Border is boring. Well, it isn't boring. That is the wrong word for it. I'm going to say dry. There isn't a lot of words nor fat between these pages. Sure, there is romance. But it is the cheesy kind. I've seen better romance than this. This? This is like Granddaddy and Grandmommy make out. (Gross). No chemistry. And utterly weird. (But not creepy. Good thing Terri Reed didn't hit that. I would had given up this book long time ago).

The plot is okay. There is more excitement in the plot than the romance/chemistry/that guy. I'm not kidding. I'm seriously more interested in finding out who poisoned the lake than find out whether or not Jeff and Tessa end up together.

(Which, by the way, is obvious. Books like these, they always end with "Happily Ever After." I never met a book that didn't).

You know what? I'm not even going to explain the characters individually. They are both the same. They have trust issues/relationship problems. They have parent issues (at least one of them has). They have some experience in the wild. And neither of them can truly (and correctly) read the other's expression or emotional state. At least not until the end.

(And that might not even be true).

The writing is dry. I'm not even going to explain it. Just simply use the same description I put in place at the beginning of this review (first paragraph, about Granddaddy and Grandmommy making out. I think that is a bit hint).

Overall, Danger At the Border is only a good book to read... Oh, crap. I forgot.

I should mention that there is a lot of prayer to God in this book. Yes, it is a Christian book. Somehow that slipped my mind. Somehow.

Here we go again. Overall, Danger At the Border is a good book to read only when you are desperately killing or looking for a book to read. It is like that joke with the man, the bartender, and the man's picture of his ugly wife. The man always drank a shot and then looked into his coat pocket. He did that a few times. The bartender asked why he was doing that, and the man told him that when his wife starts to look "hot," he'll go home. Just change the man into the reader. The wife, the book.

Rating: Two out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment