Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent Review


"When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk..."

My Soul To Save's title is so close to My Soul To Take and its prequel. I'm getting them all confused because one title looks really close to another and ah! Yeah, I'm really confused. The author probably can tell the difference, but all I see is this: "My Soul To..." I have no idea what comes right after "to." Either the titles are so similar that I ceased to tell the difference, or I just have terrible memory. If you say it is the latter, we're not friends anymore. Unless you are my best friend. Then you are the lucky exception. 

Anyway, Kaylee remains crazy and stubborn. It is surprising how loyal she remains to other people even though she doesn't know them. For all she could know, they could be serial killers. Or innocent girls who sold their souls to the devil.

Or Crowley. Sorry, I'm thinking way too much about Supernatural. 

Nash and his brother thankfully are the only two men in Kaylee's life. Other than her father and uncle, of course. Nash is the boyfriend while his brother is the grim reaper lurking around the corners. Well, he isn't really lurking around. But I like to think that, because he does have some creepy moments. On the other hand, Nash remains the devoted boyfriend of Kaylee. Honestly, I'm getting bored with these two lovebirds. I don't get how Nash's brother remains so interested in them. I'm bored.

My Soul To Save travels through other worlds. Well, one world. The Hellion's world is twisted. It is a much twisted version of the "regular world" in this fictional universe. But it is still fascinating. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I imagined... I imagined it more like Supernatural's Hell. 

That is it.

I'm thinking way too much about Supernatural. 

Overall, My Soul To Save is a interesting sequel to My Soul To Take (is that the title of the prequel? I can't keep them all straight). I think I will read the next book, but I'm slightly busy right now. School is driving me crazy.

As always.

But Rachel Vincent does an excellent job. You go girl!

Rating: Four out of Five (The titles are just too similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment