Thursday, January 30, 2014

Endless Knight by Kresley Cole Review


"Evie has her full powers as the Tarot Empress, and Jack was there to see it all. Teens reincarnated as the Tarot are in the throes of an epic battle for mankind. She must trust new allies against other Arcana, Bagmen zombies, post-apocalyptic storms, and cannibals. But she's also drawn to Death, the Endless Knight, who shares history with the Empress. She can't remember; he can't forget."

Oh my goodness, this is gooooood. It's evoking a whole bunch of emotions. Emotions I can't and can name. Happiness, joy, and a whole lot of anger. Oh, how I love Poison Princess, the book before this one. It was awesome how Evie rose from weak to powerful. And terrifying to see it.

But I definitely love Endless Knight. It seems that Kresley Cole, the author, still has some tricks up her sleeve. Tricks like hidden cars and all that stuff. Anyway, if you hadn't read Poison Princess, I suggest you read it because it is so heart thrilling. When you read Endless Knight, you'll want to kill that same guy you were fawning over.

Seriously. It's so hilarious despite us, the readers, hating and hating the Cajun. There's this little feeling in my stomach when a good moment like when Death and Empress coze up. Jack and Empress? Screw it. It's no longer there, unless Death dies. But it seems like there's a fat chance of Jack dying instead. He's been taken by the Lovers. 

Let's see who's dead: 

-Justice (Spite), dead
-The Alchemist (Arthur), dead
-Temperance, dead
-Hierophant, dead
-The Devil, dead
-The Star, dead

If you didn't notice, I put 'dead' after their names, because I'm pretty sure some people wouldn't read the title of the list. Anyway, the Alchemist and Temperance were dead in Poison Princess. Justice was killed early in the game, probably by Mr. Reaper himself. So the number of kills in Endless Knight has totally been upped. Guess who killed most of these guys? Death, of course. Evie killed one. 

Some names were discovered, but I'm not going to mention them because there's twenty-two players of the Major Arcana and it's impossible to name almost all of them without making you guys bored. You have to admit it. The dead list is kind of interesting, right?

The plot and storyline was crazy. One second Evie was trying to get help from other players, the next she was running away from the Reaper. And the history between the Empress and Death was swoon-worthy. It's kind of tragic like Romeo and Juliet (dang it, I revealed too much). Anyway, everything is revealed in the end. And Evie's character changes only a little, but just enough to raise a few eyebrows. Especially those blond eyebrows of Lord Death. 

The romance between Death and Evie (Empress, in case you haven't notice) is much more steam and strong than Jack and Evie. I love watching them chase each other (Evie and Mr. Death. They are so adorable and so well suited. It's much better than Jack. This kitty approves. One warning: There's a lot of bad language/inappropriate stuff. Also, Lord Death is in his twenties while Evie is only sixteen/seventeen.

And the ending? I don't like the way the author throws in the I-love-Jack plot. It feels quite awkward and weird. But there was a lot of buildup on the plot, so I guess I was simply ignoring it all because of how much I liked Lord Death.

Totally reading this book over and over again. I just wish I have a hardcover copy. Only an ecopy. :(

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment