Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Soul Crossed by Lisa Gail Green Review


""A wickedly romantic story that will have you cheering for Lisa Gail Green’s addictive storytelling. SOUL CROSSED is devilishly delicious!" — Martina Boone, author of COMPULSION and the Heirs of Watson Island trilogy

"Soul Crossed blurs the lines between good and evil with addictive characters and plot that will have you eagerly turning the pages." ~Kelly Hashway, author of the Touch of Death series.

One Demon.

One Angel.

One Soul.

Josh lived a reckless, selfish life, so upon his death, escaping the eternal torments of Hell by assuming the role of a powerful, soul-corrupting demon is an easy choice. His first soul assignment doesn’t seem too hard: the mortal Camden is already obsessed with weapons, pain, and torture. If only Josh wasn’t distracted by Cam's beautiful friend, Grace.

Grace never expected to die violently at age sixteen, but now she’s an Angel, responsible for saving a soul. She can already see past Camden’s earthly flaws, so the job should be be easy. If only that handsome, playboy Josh would stop getting in the way.

It’s forbidden for an Angel to be with a Demon, so if Josh and Grace stop resisting each other, the results would be disastrous. 

And only one can claim Cam’s soul."
Got a copy from Netgalley.

This is a rather short book (and short review). (I'm fairly busy right now, because the weeks is all about the end of the semester, and everything is crazy when it comes to learning and everything. What do they call that? Oh, learning. Education. More like torture, but let's not get into that). Anyway, Soul Crossed is a demon/angel storyline. I'm a fan of angel mythology, and I love those conflicts. Good vs. Evil. Everything is all black and white. Well, mostly. But I should get into the specifics, because... this is going to get interesting.

The conflict is pretty clear. It is the classic good vs. evil. The only problem is that I'm completely unsure of who to root for. Both Josh and Grace are relatable characters, and I have no idea who I like more. Logic tells me that I should root for Grace's side, but I like Josh a little too much. I'm way too torn between the two of them, and I have no idea which one is... more awesome. 

It is sad to see Cam reduced to a very serial killer-type character. I want there to be more potential for goodness. Honestly, I sort of expected for a good/evil boy, one that is the edge of both sides. When I saw how close he was to the edge of pure evil, I pretty much realized that... Grace never really stood a chance.

But let's go to Josh. To me, he is much closer to the character (good/evil, anti-hero) I was expecting from Cam. He is complicated, and there is still... light within. 

And Grace. I like Grace the most. She tries really hard, and it is incredibly sad when I see her fall. (Yes, I'm taking her side).

Overall, Soul Crossed keeps me entertained. The chapters seem a bit short (but it doesn't bother me like James Patterson's chapters). I feel like Soul Crossed should bulk up a little bit, because it felt too thin (of course, I'm thinking this. And I officially sound really insane). Soul Crossed could be a bit better, and the ending is slightly cheesy. But I think I can look over it for the most part.

Anyway... 

Rating: Three out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment