Saturday, January 10, 2015

Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep Review


"I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am."





Okay. I finally got around to reading this book. The final book. Number 7, right? I can't remember it anymore. I know that it was on the way of becoming The House of Night #2 by the sheer number of books. And that is not a joke. 

(Even though Percy Jackson could be The House of Night #2, because it has about the same number of books if you combined Percy Jackson series and The Heroes of Olympus series).

Anyway, enough comment and jabbing at other series, even though it is amusing to me. (But probably not amusing to other people like authors). Let's get on with this book. So... Killer Frost, eh? I think that I need to jump into another paragraph (/make another paragraph).

First of all, I want to say "boo!" at the ending. I'm probably a big meanie, but I do want to say that I find the ending unrealistic. Oh, wait. The entire thing is fiction, therefore unrealistic. But anyway, I find it horribly interesting that Gwen's friends are completely safe despite the fact that they are all in danger for many times in the row. How in the world they aren't dead or worse? Oh, wait... character favoritism... The case where the author is too (clingy?) nice to the characters and find it terribly hard to kill any of them. 

It is what Rick Riordan suffered through at the end of The Blood of Olympus, in my opinion. (Aren't I bloodthirsty or what?)

I find another thing annoying... Threads that aren't tied up in the end. Like Logan and Gwen. After being possessed by Loki and nearly killing Gwen, why haven't they talked about this? I mean... if my boyfriend or family members attempt to kill me under the process of mind control, I would totally ask them if they are okay. Whether or not they try to run away from me as soon as possible.

(Oh, look. I just brought in the real world). 

Overall, I find Killer Frost to be "meh"... It is a series that has gone a bit too long, and I find Gwen to be a bit... "ehh." I'm just so freaking tired of this series to the point where I'm say: When is this over? 

No sentimental feeling from me. Sorry.

Rating: Two out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment