Friday, January 30, 2015

Find Me Where the Water Ends by Rachel Carter Review


"Lydia has been trained into a person she might have once feared: focused, fierce, deadly. Although she never wanted the life of a Montauk Project recruit, the Project has captured someone she loves-someone she'll do anything to save.

Then Lydia glimpses a world in which the Montauk Project never existed. The Project has taken so much from Lydia already, but she knows that she will sacrifice everything to make her vision of a world without the Project a reality.

Publishers Weekly said that "readers will be hooked" by Rachel Carter's plot-twisting So Close to You series. The conspiracy theories, romance, and compelling "what if?" questions build to a satisfying series end, making Find Me Where the Water Ends the perfect fit for the teen fans of light science fiction like The Time Traveler's Wife."



I said this once. I will say it again.

I hate time traveling. 

So why did I read this book? Well, I already read the previous two books, so I might as well read the last one. And the last two books were pretty good, so I decided to give this book a shot. Because why not? Revealed (by Margaret Peterson Haddix) made my disliking for time traveling almost permanent, but I'm willing to make some exceptions.

Also... one more note. The girl in the cover looks very unhealthy. Her arms are way too thin! Seriously, she looks more like a skeleton than an actual person by the size of that arm! Okay... now, let's get to the book.

Find Me Where the Water Ends is an better than average ending to this trilogy. Well, it is above average when I think about other conclusions to series, trilogies, and other stuff. But for Rachel Carter, I think this book is below expectation. Yes, it is good, but there is some parts where I want to bang some characters' head in the wall. (Mostly Lydia's head, but... I'm not going to argue in this paragraph). 

The plot is pretty solid, and the timeline is smooth. There is a lot of confusing parts of it, however. The very concept of time creates a really, really gross time paradox. There is conflicting parts, and I know that the rule of time wouldn't allow some of these things to happen... It is crazy... So many paradoxes! Well, mainly one. 

Now, let's get to Lydia. I'm going to say that Lydia is an idiot at some moments. Okay, correction. She is an idiot at a lot of moments. But I'm not going to explain which moments, because there are some... spoilers in those moments. Now, all of this paragraph sound redundant. Okay. But Lydia is smart at some points and she is actually good. So, I'm only going to bash Lydia's head in the wall because of stupid choices. 

Other than that, I'm good.

Overall, this book is really good, though its performance isn't up to expectations. The series, on its own, it better than average, and I find it easier to understand than those darn time traveling books with too many timelines. It is seriously impossible to keep track of them all.

Eh? Got it?

Rating: Three out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment