Thursday, March 12, 2015

Perfect Timing by Robin Mellom Review


"After a break-up with her boyfriend, Tori Wright decides to get her mind off the guy and takes a job running errands for an eccentric couple. Suddenly she finds herself involved in the crazy world of LA nightlife--nightclubs, palm readers, movie stars, and a roving pack of paparazzi. After a misunderstanding lands her in jail, she has one night to clear her name, help a movie starlet avoid the paparazzi, and find Adam...the coworker who is quickly stealing her heart.
As she makes decisions that can change the course of her life, Tori discovers just how far she'll go to set the record straight.
But is she too late?
Perfect Timing is a charming romantic comedy that will have you wondering if true love can be found at the wrong time. It's a teen romance that will appeal to readers of New Adult contemporary romance and romantic comedy. Perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins, Jenny B. Jones, Rainbow Rowell, and Sophie Kinsella."


NetGalley! Thanks for the copy.

I'd read Robin Mellom before. Ditched is pretty hilarious, and I recall it being similar to HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother). Just the teen version of it. Perfect Timing is sort of... Different. There is a different feeling to it than Ditched, but I think Perfect Timing is on par with Mellom's writing. Met my expectations. 

It gets really hilarious. Alright. Tori gets herself into a bunch of situations. And they are all pretty funny (one question: Is Jo-Jo Lopez actually real?). These are certainly a few wild four days, and it is relatively similar to Ditched. Expect Ditched is like... one night.

Personally, I like Tori. She is a bit innocent yet also knowledgeable in the subject of catching fishes (aka, dating). Unsurprisingly, it is the stuff that she doesn't know that gets her into a lot of trouble. Living in the LA area (Los Angeles, and traffic is a living and breathing demon in that particular area), she has a mild obsession to a certain celeb. I guess it is really funny how some things just turn up to be... wrapped up into a nice present. 

Okay, I'll explain that last sentence a bit more. The plot seems to be wild. There is usage of flashbacks and flash forwards (well, technically not, but I'm going to say that, because it sounds good). There are some subplots here and there, but at the end, they all come together perfectly. No loose ends, I must add. Thankfully, Perfect Timing is a standalone (or it seems to be). 

The ending is the best part. I'm not going to go into it, of course. (But there isn't a part that says "Kiss the scumbag" unfortunately. Ahh, I miss Ditched). 

Overall, Perfect Timing is... It actually has a perfect timing. Perfect ending. Perfect Timing definitely hangs around the Chick-lit crowd, and yes, there is a romance. Love triangle... Well, I'm not going to go into that (I don't really care about love triangles, unless they are well-written or really, really anger me). But let's just say that it isn't that bad (neutral territory, to be specific). 

^Okay, that paragraph is a hot, hot mess. 

Perfect Timing is really good. There are some errors (typos) here and there, so a cleanup would be nice. The plot is very strong, and I do love many parts of it (I'm considering a reread here). Tori is amazing, and I'm surprised how well-portrayed some characters are. (Little amounts of hate. Yes, I'm talking about chick fights). So yes, I recommend it. Maybe after those typos are corrected.

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment