Sunday, March 15, 2015

Eternity by Heather Terrell Review


"As Ellie comes to grips with her destiny as the Elect One, her relationship with Michael grows tense. When she meets a mysterious boy named Rafe, things get even more complicated.

Yet the time has come for the Elect One to stand against the group of evil fallen angels who are bent on destroying the world. In order to face the immeasurable malevolence heading her way, Ellie tries to put her personal life aside. But she soon learns that whoever holds her heart also holds the key to mankind’s salvation—or destruction. As the end days approach, Ellie is faced with an epic decision. Who does her heart really belong to? And is her love strong enough to save the world?"






I'm finally finishing off my to-reads list. Eternity is another notch finished, and I'm thankful that I didn't forget anything about the previous book, Fallen Angel. Some background information about Eternity: It is the second book in the series. It follows Fallen Angel, and yes, there are actually angels and fallen angels (no demons, though) in the book.

Eternity may be the last book in the two-book series, but it doesn't give off that vibe. The entire plot is condensed and squished. Annoyingly. I must add that everything has been rushed, and that the ending isn't very satisfying as it could had been. (Of course, I have to blame Susan Ee for writing such a wonderful character named Raffe). (I'm still not over World After!). Anyway, Eternity has the plot of two books jammed into one. 

Not so pretty.

Ellie may be the Elect One, but she still has the hormones and personality of a teenage half-angel and half-human. (Awkward moment when I realized I accidently typed "half-angle" instead of half-angel). There are a lot of relationship problems with Michael. Ellie is even more stressed out with the new "love" problem with Rafe. Plus, the end of the world is coming by and Revelations might happen... so... Kudos! 

Good thing is that the conflict is easy enough to follow. There isn't an overwhelming number of problems, and the book is easy to understand. But there are some parts of the book where parts and pieces of dialogue (and sections of chapters) don't fit in. I ask myself what the point is of those parts, and I shrug. I'm clueless. Most of those particular parts I'm talking about aren't relevant to the plot in one way or another. (I guess it is a YOLO from the author?). 

The ending leaves me wondering. I know that there is a strong farewell (but I won't explain from whom) and I know that they are finished, but seriously? There is something bittersweet about these two (obviously, Ellie is half of the duo), and I'm so disappointed. I mean, they have such good chemistry, and I'm like... swooning. 

Overall, Eternity is a speedy ending to the series. There are some kinks to work out, and there is definitely something blocking it from being its full potential. Some parts of the book turns out to be served only as plot devices (and by "parts," I mean characters). Anyway, Eternity isn't that bad, but I just don't like how unnecessary and short some sections are.

Rating: Three out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment