Thursday, April 3, 2014

Until I Die by Amy Plum Review


"Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series."

Wow! This is good. Okay, I mentioned zombies, and a whole bunch of creepy people. There's no other supernatural crap (but hinted at) in this book. Well, wherever this book goes, I hope it gets very interesting.

Until I Die is practically calling for Kate's death. I mean, I want her to die so she could become a Reverent and join Vincent in happily forever after. Of course, we have one more book to go, so it's not over yet. But obviously, it will get there. Eventually, she will become a Revenant. If Kate doesn't become one, then there's the second and second best option for her life. That is to stay with Vincent (a hundred plus year old man, but looks like seventeen and still age until he is killed) and live with him for the rest of her short life.

It gets more emotional. There's tears cried; hope lost and a bunch of other things. Whatever. It's still a better story than Twilight. Heck, almost everything is better than Twilight. Until I Die is real while Twilight is sort of flabby at most. But Until I Die is slowly curving it's own path to somewhere else. Magic is a factor in this world. Well, rituals, I guess. Anyway, more of the mystery and secrets behind the Revenant is revealed. Let me just say that it gets very interesting. Very interesting. 

Vincent becomes a saint. Well, sort of like a saint. He sacrifices himself and dies, so he is sort of like a saint, right? Anyway, by the end of Until I Die, he is a saint. I mean, a ghost or a spirit. Ahh! I can't get into too much details. I'm already spilling a lot. 

Kate becomes very good with a sword. Well, not as good compared to the other Revenant, but still good enough. One day, I predict that she will be awesome. Unfortunately, we aren't there yet. But I can feel it! Anyway, in Until I Die, we see that she doesn't have to be around Vincent all the time. Instead she hangs out with another girl and actually seems to like her. That proves the theory that Kate is more social than the wooden and marble statue Bella is.

What happens in the end won't stay in the end. That's because something so big happens in the end that you have to read the next book. Of course, I'm not revealing any spoilers. Read it yourself, if you want it so bad. Anyway, the ending is such a good ending. I just wish that Kate...actually, no. She's no Bella, so she's fine. I can't wait to finish the next book!

Rating: Five out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment