Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby Review


"While most students at Burtonwood Academy get to kill demons and goblins, fifteen-year-old Emma gets to rid the world of little annoying fairies with glittery wings and a hipster fashion sense. She was destined to be a dragon slayer, but cute and charming Curtis stole her spot. Then she sees a giant killer fairyÑand it's invisible to everyone but her! If Emma has any chance of stopping this evil fairy, she's going to need help. Unfortunately, the only person who can help is Curtis. And now, not only has he stolen her dragon-slayer spot, but maybe her heart as well! Why does she think it's going to be a fairy bad day?"

Fairy Bad Day is overall a humorous book that remains humorous throughout the entire book. Sometimes it gets serious, but the characters remain rather silly despite how dreadful or terrifying the book gets. I can't really absorb myself into the book because I hate how 'this, this, this' the book gets. It's difficult to get into a book like this. 

This book's universe is insane. Apparently you can kill fairies by shoving Skittles into their open wounds. Go figure. (I shudder to think of what those Skittles contain. Silver? Iron? Definitely small metal pieces because that's one of bad things for fairies. Maybe even salt.) Okay, enough of conspiracy theories. Then there's dragons, fairies, goblins, zombies. What a pleasant world! I feel as if this author just shove every paranormal into this book. What's next? Angels and Demons?

(What part of the book is my next victim?) Oy! The characters are funny, reminding me of the Hex Hall Trilogy (I love and miss that series). Hex Hall is a witch/wizard, demons, etc. type of book. It's good for immature people and younger girls. They (characters) don't have good growth development. It's the same from beginning to end. 

The writing in Fairy Bad Day is rather interesting, but not too addicting. I could have easily let go of this book in a heartbeat. 

(Yay, there isn't a sequel! I don't have to read the next book because I want to know if the character got any better!) 

The ending of Fairy Bad Day is... No, I'm not going to bother with this book.

Rating: One out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment