Sunday, September 29, 2013

United We Spy by Ally Carter Review


"Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever."

United We Spy is the end of a humorous and delightful series by Ally Carter. (Goodbye. I'll miss you forever and ever and ever. I love you so much, all of you six little sweet books.) <- Ignore that. It's my farewell message to the entire series.

United We Spy is as awesome as the first and second and fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series. (I wonder if there's going to be a Blackthorne Boys series or something like that. It would be totally awesome, right?) United We Spy is a great book, but not as great as Out of Sight, Out of Time. To me, United We Spy digs through the personalities of other character (other than Cammie and Zach). Out of Sight, Out of Time pays more attention to Cammie and Zach. I say Cammie's and Zach relationship grew the most in Out of Sight, Out of Time, more than in United We Spy.

(BTW, the cover looks absolutely awesome. I love it.)

Okay, United We Spy is about three hundredish pages, but it's amazing. I love every moment (especially Catherine moments with Zach). Ohhh! I wish I could tell you the greatest spoiler in all of history. (Actually, I have a change of heart, I will.) The plot is crazy. I swear that if I ever see this book in paperback, I will rip it up into pieces. Wow, this is just a hard plot to follow. Cammie was there and there and there, but now here and there, there and here. Yep, it's as confusing as my wording.

The writing of the author is as fantastic as ever. (Remember all that humor? Well, yeah. It's pretty much in there, except in Out of Sight, Out of Time. Out of Sight, Out of Time is pretty much the most serious book of all the Gallagher Girls Books.) It's addicting and the humor with words is pretty much one of the reasons I stick around with the series.

The ending nearly made me sob with joy. There's a lot of good messages in the end. But I'm so full of feelings. It's a sad thing to be leaving a series I've been reading for quite awhile. (And I love how Catherine tells everyone that Zach's father was Agent Townsend, aka Aunt Abby's boyfriend.) Maybe I should add some quotes. I'll add them here:
"She looked at him [Zach] and shook her head, smiled a little as she told him, “You are so like your father.” 
Then she looked past me and Zach, past Bex and Abby, to where Agent Townsend stood by the door with his arms crossed.
“What do you think, Townsend, darling? Isn't he like you?” She looked at Zach again. “I think he’s just like you."
Yeah, that's the big moment of revealing of Zach's biological father.  (Catherine is under truth serum, so she can't be lying, guys.)

The Couples: Cammie Morgan and Zach is pretty much the boring couple in this book. Yeah, even Joe Solomon's and Cammie's mom has more excitement. (I don't know about Townsend and Abby. And I don't even want to know).

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment