Saturday, April 13, 2013

Seconds Away By Harlan Coben

The cover is just fascinating! It makes you wonder what is going to happen in the book. Does it have something to do with fire?

This is the second book in the series. The series: "Mickey Bolitar"

Like most of the books I had recently read, this book could have a little more editing. Yes, there are some typos.

After reading this book, I anticipate the next one(only because I like Mickey). O.o I just need the next book and the next and the next. 

At the end of the book, there is a cliffhanger (as usual, all authors love cliffhangers and driving us crazy, perhaps at the same time).

This book has a slowwwww beginning. I was considering, many times, to skip these damn pages, but I felt that I would miss some key points/miss out a good part. 

Mickey's humor is considered average. It's not really funny but not dull enough to be thought as dull.

I would not recommend reading this book. Shelter, the first book in the series, was more adventure-packing than this dull, boring, new book.

To me, there was barely any action, any good stuff, or any romance(not that I didn't expect any).

Anyway, I'm so miserable writing this review on this book that I docked 1 star from the rating.

Mr. Coben, your second book is a two out of five. Not very impressive material, on your standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment