Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Confessions of a First Daughter by Cassidy Calloway Review


"Morgan Abbott has no social life and no privacy, and her every screwup makes front page news. That’s what happens when your mom’s the president of the United States—and Morgan is sooo over it. But now her mom needs a presidential stand-in! With the help of Morgan’s cute new secret service agent, a little makeup, and a lot of family resemblance, she’s soon seeing things from the other side of the desk.

On the heels of a historic election, books about girls in politics are more popular than ever. Readers won’t be able to resist the smart, spunky, klutzy-yet-lovable heroine in this fresh and fun new teen novel!"

Oh, my goodness. I think I should had read Confessions of a First Daughter a long time ago. It is funny, witty, and definitely for the YA readers, but that is okay. Teen read or not, Confessions of a First Daughter is amusing and very easy to connect with. Morgan Abbott is a nice character, and she is certainly a tornado. 

If you liked The Princess Diaries, you would most certainly like Confessions of a First Daughter. Well, maybe. Maybe not. It is a bit cheesy in my opinion, but I do like to be fooled sometimes. Be swept away by some handsome knight. What? Are you going to roll your eyes at me for being a romantic? Well, I guess I'm not that romantic, eh? Haha. I'm totally hilarious, don't you think? I think I am.

Confessions of a First Daughter is delightful. The book is short, and the plot goes by fast. I really enjoy following along to the misadventures of Morgan Abbott. The character is stunning despite all of her missteps and craziness. And I do love her and Hannah. They are funny and amusing. I'm practically squealing whenever they gossip about the new secret service agent. It is so much fun. Hannah, by the way, totally takes on the attitude of the readers.

Max Jackson is totally swoonworthy. However, his character is really hard to believe in. He is twenty years old, but the age requirement for the US Secret Service is twenty-one years old. Just around the drinking age for the US. He is a genius, so that is probably way he got the age requirements wavered in his favor. Still, it is really interesting to see his past, and it is even more fun to see his character growth, no matter how slow it is.

And Morgan Abbott. She is witty, and she never lets something get down. I liked her (and Max) so much that I practically sprinted to read the next novel. Actually, I stayed right here in my nice wood chair. I have a rather large library with even more boxes of books in the garage. (Unfortunately, I can not find Harry Potter in there). 

Confessions of a First Daughter is impressive despite some cheesy parts. It is a nice fresh novel with some hilarious moments.

I should note that points will be docked for unrealistic guys and cheesiness. But it is mostly on the cheesiness. I wasn't bothered at all when I read A Girl Named Digit. Well, maybe a little.

Rating: Four out of Five 

No comments:

Post a Comment