Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Witch Fire by Laura Powell Review


"Lucas and Glory are hard at work in WICA (Witchkind Intelligence and Covert Affairs). As part of their training, they learn more about the witch-terrorist organization Endor. It is believed that Endor has infiltrated a boarding school for young witches in Switzerland, so WICA sends their two youngest agents—Lucas and Glory—to the school undercover. There, they learn more about an experimental brain implant that blocks the power of the fae. It’s a dangerous procedure . . . more so than they could ever have imagined."

I didn't expect much from the sequel of Burn Mark. In fact, I wasn't expecting much of anything because of the low standards Burn Mark set.

But Witch Fire totally blew me away. I was amazed by how much the book improved. I loved it so much I reread it, savoring most of the pages. There's a lot of reasons why this book is the new and improved. (I'm going to do this by list, because I'm into listopias at this moment). 

1) The romance. I love it. The pairing that we had always been waiting for happened! Finally, we see these two lovebirds come together. It's so cute that they are doubting each other, confused and lost. I can't wait for them to appear in the next book.

2) The plot. Now everything is so much clearer. Everything makes sense. Everything opens to reveal new beginnings, new expectations, and new possibilities for the sequel. And yes, there's a great chance that there will be a sequel. I'm definitely going to read the next book when it's, or if it will ever come out. Oh yeah, btw, the book goes a bit faster than last time.

3) The characters. They act and react to one another so well. I love how Lucas knows Glory very much. (Notice I said knows, not like. Cause some of you guys love to mistakenly misread words). Lucas plays the part of a smart, intelligent, and handsome young man while Glory plays a girl who doesn't care about anything in life. But put those guys together in the bushes and you get a full out war, especially if they are undercover on an assignment. 

4) Laura Powell's writing significantly improved. It's very attractive and gives Witch Fire the appearance of a well-written book. 

With all these new standards and expectations, the sequel to Witch Fire needs to be even better than Witch Fire and Burn Mark. I really hope Powell doesn't screw up on the next book.

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment