Friday, December 13, 2013

Hidden by Marianne Curley Review


"For as long as Ebony can remember, she's been sheltered. Confined to her home in a secluded valley, home-schooled by her protective parents, and limited to a small circle of close friends. It's as if she's being hidden. But something is changing in Ebony. Something that can't be concealed. She's growing more beautiful by the day, she's freakishly strong, and then there's the fact that she's glowing

On one fateful night, Ebony meets Jordan and she's intensely drawn to him. It's as if something explodes inside of her--something that can be seen from the heavens. Ebony still doesn't know that she's a stolen angel, but now that the heavens have found her, they want her back."

Crestfallen. That's what I feel after I read this book.

Hidden sounds awesome, right? Well, truth be told, it isn't. Now let's move and talk about why. (Great I sound like one of those ladies who talk about a subject and make it boring. 'Number one. Please do this problem on a separate sheet of paper.') 

Overall, Hidden is boring. That's right. It's boring. Dull. Dry...and any other words like boring. (synonyms as one would call it). It's really good in the beginning, but my interest totally dropped by the time I was in the middle of the book. I mean, dropped. Gone. Nada. I was thinking about abandoning the book about halfway, but then I thought about how good some books were even though they dropped me in the middle.

Too bad Hidden didn't pick me up before the end of it. (I was so bored out of my mind.)

The writing of Marianne Curley is what hooked me into this book. (Unfortunately, I couldn't stop reading and abandoning). 

What about the love triangle? As mention on the cover of the book. (or implied, not mention).

Yawn. There's so much potential, but I'm afraid nothing was interesting. Yeah, Jordan and Ebony together makes a good looking couple. Thane and Ebony? Hm...Ebony and Thane are in love. And Jordan is the one without a stick. (Because Ebony really loves Thane). Unrequited love in a book that is told from the perspective of a girl who loves Thane (aka someone else) and a boy who loves that girl makes the book really stupid. I want two POVs of characters who love each other. Because listening to unrequited love whining are not my style. It's as bad as listening to my girlfriends complain about their nonexistent love life (or love life with a celebrity who has no idea that my girlfriends exist). 

Ebony is annoying (I hate her POV). Hidden practically has Jordan suffering every minute. (Does the author hates guys or something?) And Ebony escapes all that. Sure, sure, sure. Her parents have been taken by the devil. (Yes, real devil. The most beautiful evil angel of them all). Ebony doesn't seem to care, especially with her 'new family.' But Jordan...poor Jordan. He's a lost soul. That is about to be taken by the devil. 

If Ebony and the devil end up together, I'll be much better in personality. That's how much I hate her. Send her to the doorsteps of her worse enemy!

Rating: Two out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment