Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Blessed by Tonya Hurley Review

I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads.


 "From the author of the New York Times bestselling ghostgirl series, the start to a dark and thrilling trilogy about three girls who become entangled with an enigmatic boy. Previously published as The Blessed.
What if martyrs and saints lived among us? And what if you were told you were one of them?

Meet Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy. Three lost girls, each searching for something. But what they find is Beyond Belief."

I don't care what you think, but I think this book is good. (Now all you guys who hate this book are going to hate me too. I don't care).  

The Blessed is insane. Insane, and as bad as the Spanish Inquisition and the Witch Trials put together. I change my mind. It's even worse (crazy) than that. But it is good. And I do mean goooood. (The title of this book isn't Precious Blood, btw. That's in case you didn't read the title of this review, which I know some of you guys don't).

The romance is crazy along with the entire notation of the book. Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy are all fighting for the love of one lucky son of a ding-dong. (Ding-dongs as in the delicious and mouthwatering cakes made by the same company that makes the seemingly immortal food). Whoa, did I just say what I just said? Yep, all three girls are fighting for the love of Sebastian, who is apparently a Saint. 

(Can this book get any weirder? As mention in the synopsis, all three girls are also saints. Saint Agnes. Saint Cecilia. Saint Lucy. Look them up. Maybe they are real; maybe they are not). 

The plot is insane like the book. (Insane plot, insane book. No traces of sanity in the middle of the book). Lots of blood and gory events, shall I warn. 

Lucy. Saint Lucy of the blind. It's ironic that she's blind herself. (I'm not going to tell you in what way, thought). She's the it-girl of the celebrity blogs. She's beautiful. She's cunning. She's sly. And she gets things her way. But it all falls down beautifully.

Agnes. The smart girl. Saint Agnes. Saint of virgins and other holy people. (Not trying to be insulting, if that insulted you). 

Cecilia. Saint Cecilia of musicians. (Don't remember much about her other than the fact that she's nearly perfect). 

Sebastian. Sebastian of athletes and other sporty/warrior people. Oh, how this ladies' man captured the hearts of three girls. (And he turn out to be a young man from the insanity ward). 

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment