Sunday, March 23, 2014

Enders by Lissa Price Review


"Someone is after Starters like Callie and Michael—teens with chips in their brains. They want to experiment on anyone left over from Prime Destinations—Starters who can be controlled and manipulated. With the body bank destroyed, Callie no longer has to rent herself out to creepy Enders. But Enders can still get inside her mind and make her do things she doesn't want to do. Like hurt someone she loves. Having the chip removed could save her life—but it could also silence the voice in her head that might belong to her father. Callie has flashes of her ex-renter Helena's memories, too . . . and the Old Man is back, filling her with fear. Who is real and who is masquerading in a teen body?

No one is ever who they appear to be, not even the Old Man. Determined to find out who he really is and grasping at the hope of a normal life for herself and her younger brother, Callie is ready to fight for the truth. Even if it kills her."

Lissa Price is just good. Enders is even better than Starters, which is her first book. I simply hope that Price wouldn't there. (There better be a sequel! I will be very angsty if that ever happens. Please be a sequel!) 

Let's start with the new love interest. Let me make a point. Old Man is an Ender, right? Old Man was inhibiting Blake's body (Blake is a Starter, like Callie). So that means that Callie (a Starter) was being romanced by Old Man (an Ender, basically an old man in his hundreds or something like that). Yeah, that obviously gets very creepy. Let me simply say that Price (the author) takes that fact and turns it into a very disturbing twist. 

But I haven't mentioned the new love interest (or did I? And perhaps he isn't so new). It's a guy named Hyden. He's a Starter, like Callie. Thankfully, he's the same age as Callie. The only problem? His dad is Old Man. 

Now that's where you start thinking about how cruel Price is. I mean, seriously? Old Man was flirting with Callie. Now his son, who is a very brilliant genius and Starter and kid, is. Whoa...now that I see it, it's very creepy. So creepy...

Of course, Price already pulled a bunch of twists. So I'm going to say that the last paragraph (the ones before it, also) are packed with twists. Well, majorly one twist.

Okay, I have to pull my attentions off of guys and love interest. I know they are very hot (not to mention adorable), but I already written half of my review on them. Oh my goodness, I hope I wouldn't be like this in the future. Gasp!

I love this story. It's so amazing. I mean, my teacher (a book lover like me) was the one to introduce this series to me, when I was horribly sick. (Long story, but I will continue). At first, I was slightly reluctant because of the cover (kind of weird and strange, right?). After I read the first book (and the second), I am gushing these words: "SO AWESOME!" I have to reread all my favorite parts (so many parts). There wasn't enough time for me to reread the entire book because there were some people who wanted to read after me (hello? Frequent library user? That would be me). And I'm taking about both books. (The teacher part is only for the first book, Starters). 

I just love Callie. Wherever she goes, I simply hope she has a good life in the end. She's so strong and amazing. Kind of like Katniss Everdeen, but with less depression and terrible memories and with more daddy issues. Yeah, that sounds about right. More daddy issues. Barney Stinson would totally hit that (sorry! So crazy about HIMYM. Hopefully that sickness will disappear eventually).

Rating: Five out of Five (I have nothing to hate. I'm simply very satisfied with this book).

No comments:

Post a Comment