Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Seven Minutes in Heaven by Sara Shepard Review


"My sister wants the truth.

But sometimes the truth hurts.

For months, my long-lost twin, Emma, has been living my life and trying to solve my murder. She's unearthed dark secrets about my friends, my family, and my tangled past. But when it comes to finding my killer, she keeps running into dead ends.

Until my body shows up in Sabino Canyon. Suddenly everyone knows there are two girls who look like Sutton Mercer—and that one of them is dead. At first the police assume the body is Emma's. But as questions and accusations start flying, it's harder than ever for Emma to keep playing me. The truth is bound to come out eventually. And when it does, Emma will be suspect number one in my murder investigation. If she can't find my killer before time runs out, she'll end up behind bars . . . or worse."

Out of all the books in The Lying Game series, Seven Minutes in Heaven (you're reading this review) and Cross My Heart, Hope to Die (review available) are the best of the best. After all those wonderful years of patience, twiddling thumbs, and guessing, I'm sad to say goodbye in every language I know. It's been a wonderful journey with the twins-- Emma Paxton and Sutton Mercer. To see the ups and downs. To be guessing. To almost get killed a million times over and over again. 

Seven Minutes in Heaven is an emotional rollercoaster. For us and for Emma and for Sutton the ghost that narrates. We all thought that Sutton Mercer might be alive or in a coma or something like that. No. She was at the bottom of Sabino Canyon in a deep stage of decomposition. Sutton Mercer's body was found by a freshman of a relatively close universtiy. Now an ongoing police investigation threatens Emma's investigation of her dead twin.  

The plot is brilliant. I love it! Like its sister books, Seven Minutes in Heaven has a similar MO. Killer threatens someone then Emma guess somebody which happens to be Garrett. (I'm not going to tell you the killer's name. Not yet anyway. Scroll to Characters of my review if you're just here for his/her name.) We'll see the final battle in Sabino Canyon. 

The ending is so gorgeous. I almost (almost) got teary at the end, but it isn't sad enough. (Sorry Sara Shepard, we know you tried.) I screamed so much at the end. WHY? WHY? I can't believe Sara Shepard (the author) choose him/her as the killer. OF ALL PEOPLE! OMG! WHY? I love that character so much and it's so sad to see him/her fall from Emma's and our grace. (Still not saying anything yet.) The killer's identity isn't very surprising, but it is still a shock. 

Characters: (Finally!)

Emma Paxton is an idiot. I swear, she's an idiot. Just because you like a guy, doesn't mean... Oh, wait I'm getting ahead of myself. Emma is... I have no other words to describe Emma Paxton. The best word is 'idiot' and any synonyms of 'idiot.' I swear this series could have ended in like the first book or maybe second or third. It doesn't matter anymore. It's over now. 

Sutton Mercer is awesome. I like her a whole lot more than Emma. She is the smart twin, the better twin, and the crazier twin. She's wise for her age, most likely because of the fact that she died. I like her fate at the end of the book. 

Now I'm on the killer's identity. Thank you for your patience. Charged with kidnapping, 2 counts of murder (Nisha and Sutton), attempted murder (Emma), and theft, ETHAN LANDRY is finally behind bars. Ethan is really intelligent, although slightly insecure. He's has a dangerous issue with anger along with his violent side. When he was eight years old, ETHAN LANDRY murdered a young girl by strangling her. He pretended to be accidentally murdering her but when he is interviewed by a shrink, Ethan admitted that he purposely murdered her because she should've had only one friend. And guess who's that. 

Farewell, The Lying Game.

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment