Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Othermoon by Nina Berry Review


"Everyone has secrets. I had no idea mine would lead me into shadow. Dez has found the place where she belongs. With the otherkin. With Caleb. Or so she thought. As the barriers between our world and Othersphere fall, a wall rises between Dez and Caleb, leaving her fiercest enemy her only friend. 

And maybe something more. 

Now Dez must make a devastating choice: keep the love of her life, or save the otherkin from annihilation."

Can I kill Caleb yet? Please, please, please, I'm just really angry at him. I don't like him at all. There's something secretive or dangerous hidden underneath his skin. At least that is what I suspect. I'm not sure if that is true or not. Perhaps, it is only my perspective.

Anyway, Othermoon is a good enough book that I went looking for Othersphere (a big disappointment, I must add, but that is not the point of this review). I really liked all those twists and turns Nina Berry created. I'm even more surprised by Caleb and Dez's breakup, which Lazar (whatever his name is) played a major role in. And was there a best of all best moments in this book? Of course, there is. The death of a certain friend is certainly one of the best and worst moments of Othermoon. It shows that the author isn't afraid to get dirty and murderous. I'm not going to say which character is dead, though.

I'm too nice for that. Unless there is a crowd hungry for the truth.

Dez makes me want to bang this book somewhere and burn it. She has way too many secrets and not enough answers. This topic is one of those topics where the reader has to shut up and read. Needless to say, it is annoying when the author gives you the hand. And please! Just choose who you want to be with! I hate when books just push it to the end. Or those books with no choice at all! I could name a few, but of course, I will be mildly annoyed.

The writing of Nina Berry makes the book interesting. She keeps the readers entertained for the entire book, with a few skills and tricks up her sleeves.

I wish the book ended here. It would be awesome. I'll admit that I prefer Lazar to Caleb, because Caleb is kind of odd and strange. Othermoon isn't crying like a middle child. Instead, it is mature and frankly, pretty mean.

Overall, I think this is great.

Rating: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment