Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Revealed by Margaret Peterson Haddix Review


"After a mysterious cameo from Charles Lindbergh, it’s up to Jonah to save his town in the seventh book of the New York Times bestselling The Missing series, which Kirkus Reviews calls “plenty of fun and great for history teachers as well.

It’s morning as usual at the Skidmore household—until Charles Lindbergh, the famous historical pilot, appears in their living room. Jonah can hardly believe his eyes—and then Lindbergh grabs Katherine and vanishes again. And that’s not all. Chip, Andrea, and all the other children from the plane have disappeared too. And worst of all, Jonah’s parents and all the other adults in his town have de-aged into children.

Jonah is the only one left, and the only one who can save everyone. With the help of de-aged JB and Angela, he has to collect the clues. And they lead directly back to Gary and Hodge, and a terrible plot that could mean the end of everything Jonah has ever loved. Can Jonah put the pieces together before time runs out?"

Do you know what I hate most about books with time traveling? Time traveling. If you do all of the calculations and draw out all of the timelines, you will end up with a nasty looking graph. Like really nasty. There will be a ton of lines everywhere, and the timeline will be so messed up that you have no idea how to read it.

If I drew a timeline based on this book, I'm going to go insane. If I try to understand this timeline, I will go insane. That is why I'm not going to try, and I can't blame Jonah for not understanding time. Because time is hell. Time is messed up. Time is like fluid, and there are ways of going backwards and forwards. It is all crazy. (And if I ever have a chance to time travel, I will never do it. Because time... too much. It is just too much). 

I feel terribly sad for Jonah, who is criticized for not understanding time. I don't. Even after reading those previous books of this series many times. And I still don't understand time unless it is on a linear line. (And in this book, time is not linear. It is more like a damn tree). I seriously hope I'm not the only one who doesn't understand this book. Anyway, back to Jonah. 

Jonah was so manipulated in this book. Information held from him. Choices he was forced to make, even though they may be good or bad. He tried his best to beat Hodge and Gary, and sometimes, he gets a bit emotional (my baby!). And he fell for tricks and believed false information. Very sad, and his life sort of... twisted when he made the right choices. 

Revealed is an okay book. There is some great parts, and there is a ton of confusing parts. Confusing parts makes this book very disappointing for me, and I find myself wanting to write/create a graph or a timeline. Because this is so hard to understand. I mean, time is. 

Also, I have to mention a few other things.

JB. As a teenager. Never had I felt sympathy for him. And Angela. Especially Angela, who was dragged into this by chance. 

Rating: Three out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment