Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa Review


"In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever—and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago—and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make."

The Eternity Cure is the second book of its series which I can't name still. I'll find the name. Soon. Sooner or later. I hope.

Kanim is tortured under a lunatic's watch. The psychic backlash goes against Allison and Jackal (real name: James), because they are his children. That means there is sadly no chance for Allison to get involve with Kanim though there were some strange moments of doubt.

Anyway, The Eternity Cure is as good as The Immortal Rules. Both sequel and first installment does an excellent job of keeping readers on toes. It has the perfect among of action, intrigue, mystery, and la la la. It is the best I'd read in a long time.

Allison's limit to torture and her loyalty to her "family" is tested. Oh, I should had mentioned vampire family, not just "family." My mistake. But some of her old family does come out of the dead closet. Again. After shew as kicked out of Eden (because she is a vampire and Eden is full of humans), Allison leaves Zeke and his religious group to find her creator, Kanim. Along the way, she finds her sociopath brother, Jackal (James). Think of James like Puck (Robin Goodfellow). He brings in the laughs. For a vampire, he is very funny.

I believe the book is as long as The Immortal Rules. 400+ pages. And every bit is a treat. Honestly, I wish that Kagawa wrote 400+ pages for each book of The Iron Fey. No one (except for Puck fans and Sing Meggie fans) can't get enough of good old Ash, the Winter Prince. Swoon!

The ending leaves pretty much everyone angry. Including me. And plus, I totally don't believe that guy's death because he, like Allie (Allison's nickname) is a toughie. He can't die now! No, kill off... I don't know who else. I don't want Kanim or Jackal to die. It is like killing off Ash or Puck. Imagine that. Death makes everything nasty.

Overall, I totally agree with my original conclusion. The Eternity Cure is just as delicious as The Immortal Rules. Kagawa does a wonderful job again!

Oh, last installment. The finale. Here I come. I will eat it up and chomp it as loudly as I can. I think it will be as good as Kagawa's previous books. Kagawa has an excellent reputation at delivering.

Rating: Five out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment