Friday, August 15, 2014

Exile by Rebecca Lim Review


"An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, EXILE is the breathtaking sequel to MERCY in a major new paranormal romance series.

There's something very wrong with me. When I wake up, I could be anyone…

An angel in exile, Mercy is doomed to return repeatedly to Earth, taking on a new human form each time she does. Now she "wakes" as unhappy teen Lela, a girl caring for a dying mother but never herself.

As her shattered memory begins to return, Mercy remembers Ryan, the boy she fell in love with in another life, and Luc, the angel haunting her dreams. Will Mercy risk Lela’s life to be reunited with her heart’s true desire?

An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, Exile is the second book in the spellbinding MERCY series."

Exile is thankfully not the name of our main heroine, Mercy. Mercy returns again, though it is not her that I'm coming back for. It is mostly because of the plot and storyline. I want to find the other angels, and I don't care about the bad characters or boring beginnings or etc. Isn't that a bit sad? Oh, well. Mercy can end up being dead for all I care. Oh, wait. That is exactly... Damn, it. Spoilers. I can't reveal spoilers, especially not that big of a one. 

Most people go to church. How could Mercy not know that Luc is Lucifer? Oh, perhaps, he is only a sweet little angel who sings all his heart out and has the brightest light, brighter than the sun. See? Mercy is an idiot. I lost most of my faith in angels because of her. Actually, no. I lost most of my faith in this book series thanks to her stupidity. I mean, church always blame Luc for bringing darkness to Earth, to Eden. How could she not put two to two? I'm sure she has been to church at least once in her life. And she would know all about the curses and blames towards her lover.

(And Mercy is an idiot. She should had adapted to human lifestyle a long time ago. The girl doesn't even know how to use a computer).

Luc is a lying jerk as usual. What more is there to tell? Oh, apparently, he looks a lot like Ryan, the human boy. Is there some conspiracy going on? Perhaps so.

(And where is God?) 

Ryan is desperate for answers throughout the entire book. He doesn't appear very often, but he always pins for Mercy. And I can't believe that he still likes her after all this time. Sure, you can call it love, but I call it weird. If a ghost possessed a boy I like, I would most definitely find the nearest psychic and perform an exorcism faster than you can say, "But he is a cute ghost!" Honestly, I don't care. Possession is not attractive. It is weird.

And you want the reason why I'm reading this book? Only because I want to find out what happens in the end. And also, Gabriel acts like Castiel. Oh,yeah. Angels are here. 

Finally.

Rating: One out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment