Thursday, November 27, 2014

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer Review


"Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . ."

Note: For the entire month of November, I'd been barely doing anything for a few reasons: 1) school, 2) babysitting, 3) too tired to do anything. I hope December is the month where I can catch up quickly, but who knows? I might be really tired, because there is so much work to do and barely any time to read a book. (I'm trying to finish this 500 paged book, but I'm really slow, because I barely have any time set aside for that). 

Okay. Storm. The name of the series pretty much explains itself. So these guys (Gabriel, Chris, Michael, and the other one whose name I'd forgotten) control the elements. Gabriel is fire. Chris is water. Michael is Earth. And Nick! His name is Nick! Sorry, I got excited for a moment. Anyway, Nick is air. 

And then we have a normal girl named Becca. For much of the book, I can recall her being a damsel in distress. Maybe there are a few moments when she is really, really good, but... Sometimes I feel like she is set up to fall (do you know what I mean?) to much of my annoyance. Plus, I don't really feel her side of attraction towards Chris. Hunter, yes.

(Yep, this is a love triangle). 

Chris, the other narrator, is falling in love with Becca. Him. Chris feels more genuine than Becca (sorry, Becca). 

The plot is a bit slow, and there are some parts that could be easily ignored... (because they are forgotten so quickly in two minutes). Overall, the plot could go a bit faster (and I definitely need a fast plot in this month).

Anyway, Storm is a really good book. However, it does fall a bit bland at some moments (like the parts when Becca and Chris have their little arguments). Also, it gets annoying, too. However, Storm does have its good moments and there are so redeeming points of the book.

So the rating is...

Rating: Three out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment