Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa Review


"Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten."

Yay! It's The Lost Prince. Remember The Iron Knight? (If you haven't heard of it, read the first book, The Iron King.) Thought that is the last book? Yeah, it isn't, but thank the skies that it isn't. With a new series, the Iron Fey is back ready to kick butts. I never realize how much I missed the Iron Fey until I spied this book in the Richmond Library in Canada. (Yeah, this is another book from my short summer vacation.) Okay! Somewhat give me a fan, I need one! This is hot, hot, hot! I love the Iron Fey and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this! This above every book in the library. Seriously, it was like as if there was a halo around the cover.

I love the plot! In the beginning, Ethan Chase is pretending to be someone he is not. He wants to be normal, be a regular human begin. He resents the Faery world and hated our beloved prince, Ash of Unseelie Court. Well, now of the Iron Realm. I always like Julie Kagawa's writing. She makes everything, every emotion, every word, every moment, every cat real and beautiful. Kagawa is skilled in switching between POVs, from Meghan's wondrous view of the Fey to Puck's mischievous and humorous look of the world to Ash's mysterious, cold, and serious mind to Ethan's deep hatred and loathing to the Fey.

I never realize how much I love Grimalkin until he utter "Your family does have a knack for getting into trouble." It is such a shame that Ash, Puck, and Meghan never appeared together in The Lost Prince. Puck is there, but never with the rest of the gang. Meghan and Ash (Meghan is the one who is mostly speaking among those lovebirds) appear only in the throne room. Glitch and some rats decides to show his face. And finally, the anticipated child of Ash and Meghan makes his debut.

The ending is leaving me in a disoriented state. All these flutter questions are flying in and out of my vision. What happen to Ethan? What will happen to the fey? What's up with the Forgotten Queen? Why is Ethan called The Lost Prince? Oh wait, this is a cliffhanger. Damn it!

(Well, I can't wait for The Iron Traitor. It's the second book.) 

Characters:

Ethan is awesome. He is certainly not Meghan's innocent, little, baby brother anymore. Bah! This kid, or man, kicks butts. Ethan, like what I said before, hates the land of the Fey. He doesn't like them, he doesn't like the cats, and he doesn't like suspicious deals. It's funny how everything changed because of a girl. A normal girl who is a simple reporter and photographer from the newspaper. 

Keirran is the nephew of Ethan. Wow, did I just say that? Ethan is the uncle despite the fact that Ethan and Keirran are about the same age.  Keirran is naive and young, due to the fact that his parents overly protects him. I hate how stupid and reckless he sometimes get. (On second thought, he's always like that.) I have this weak mental power to whack fictional characters in the head. I try and try, but I don't think it's working because Keirran is not learning from my whackings. 

Rating: Five out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment