Monday, August 12, 2013

Legacy by Cayla Kluver Review


"I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.
In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures and intruder— a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy— Alera is alarmed… and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom."

Legacy... Okay, in my opinion, Legacy is disappointing. I thought it would be more awesome, but no, it is not legendary or anything. The synopsis sounds so amazing and addicting. Alas, some synopsis, like this one here, are overselling the book. I won't recommended Legacy to anyone. If anyone is brave enough to try it, I wish you luck.

The plot is not so great, not so bad. It's a fairly normal plot with all its structures, beginnings, climax, and resolutions (sort of). The plot isn't the biggest concern however. It's the writing. The writing isn't too addicting or anything, but it easy to understand and to read. At least it makes sense, but it isn't easy to want to read, to finish,  and/or to adore Legacy. I do feel as if I'm reading Legacy, but I don't feel as if I actually visualizing Legacy. I feel as if I'm only reading the plot and only picking up the surface.

The chemistry is also a big no-no. Twilight's Bella and Edward has more chemistry between Alera and the oh so heart thumping mysterious boy. *Yawn* Oh, the toilet paper and poop joke also has more chemistry than Alera and the blue-eyed boy.

The ending! Cayla Kluver, the author, seriously has to step up her game. This type of ending is suppose to be dramatic and heartbreaking. Right, so can anyone tell me what kind of ending is? Oh wait, I already know that: A stupid ending with no sense of reality. Yeah, that sounds about right and I didn't even sugar coat the ending.

Character:

Alera is perhaps the most annoying character in history, if my older friends aren't right about Ana from the Fifty Shades Trilogy (haven't read it yet or else my mom will kill me). Alera is an idiot; I don't know how many times I have to yell "The answer is right in front of you, idiot" while waking up the sleeping neighbors and dogs. (Yeah, the neighbors had to spend the moment shushing the dogs up. Sorry, neighbors.) This girl is the most shallow, boring character I've ever read.

Other characters are as boring as above.

Rating: One out of Five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment